View the FAQs
1. What is the Samsung x Autism Speaks Canada Tablet Program?
Samsung Canada and Autism Speaks Canada are providing 500 new Samsung Tablets to the autism community across Canada.
2. Who can apply?
There are two types of application: (i) Individuals and (ii) Organizations.
Eligibility requirements to apply for the program include:
- Canadian residents
- Individuals with a diagnosis of ASD or organizations supporting individuals with ASD
- Do not currently have a touch device
- Willing to share the benefits of the tablet with ASC and Samsung online community
3. How can I apply?
You can apply by following these steps:
STEP 1: Register on Autism Speaks Canada CONNECT
STEP 2: Once registered, click on “apply now” for the Tablet Program before May 20, 2019
STEP 3: Start your application for the Tablet Program
For New Users: Start your application by creating a new account (this is different than your ASC Connect sign in).
For Returning Users: If you have applied for the Tablet Program in past years, use your previous login and password to start a new application for 2019.
4. Do I have to answer all the questions in the application?
All questions marked with an asterisk (*) must be answered for the application forms to be submitted successfully.
5. What if I run out of space in the open text fields?
You will need to edit your answer to fit into the maximum character field size indicated in each question.
6. Can I use a P.O. Box in the recipient address field?
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept an address with a P.O. Box because the parcel delivery service will not guarantee delivery to a P.O. Box.
8. Does everyone who applies receive the Samsung Galaxy Tablet?
A maximum of 500 Samsung Galaxy Tablets will be donated.
9. How many applications can I submit per individual or organization?
One application per individual recipient or organization will be considered.
10. Can I apply for more than one person to receive the Samsung Galaxy Tablet?
Yes, you may apply for more than one individual if you fill out separate applications for everyone.
11. Does the program have an age restriction?
The tablet is best suited to individuals who are 5 years old and up.
12. When is the deadline to apply?
The application is open until May 20, 2019, at 11:59 pm EST.
13. When will I find out if my applicant is chosen as a recipient?
Only successful recipients of the Samsung Galaxy Tablet will be notified via email by June 30, 2019
14. Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have any questions, please email SamsungxASC@autismspeakscan.ca