Autism Speaks Canada is pleased to offer “Walk-in-a-box” program designed for families and friends to host their very-own Autism Speaks Canada Community WALK event in their community. Through the incredible power of volunteers Autism Speaks Canada’s WALK will continue spreading autism awareness coast-to-coast.
Community Walks are made up of and supported by individuals from local businesses, schools and families on a volunteer basis. Anyone with a passion to support Autism Speaks mission to support Canadians living with autism.
Community Walks events can take place any time and any day within the fiscal calendar year (January - December) or can be run at the same time as our signature Walk events which take place in May June and September.
Autism Speaks Canada will provide all Community Walks with:
- Community Walk Guide that contains:
- Critical Path & Budgeting Templates.
- Committee Position Descriptions.
- Solicitation Letter Templates.
- Suggested Speaking notes.
- Event web-page on Autism Speaks Canada Walk site.
- Walk posters, pledge forms, and flyers.
- Walk signage, tattoos, and balloons.
- Local expense budget (see budgeting section in Guide for details on dollar allocation).
- Logistics and registration training - two webinars provided.
- Registration supplies provided.
- Community Walk participants are eligible to earn and participate in participant incentive prizes and national draws.
For more information, and to register your community as an official Walk site, please contact the National Community Walks Manager, Amy at email@example.com.