LIUB & WAAD
Links and Downloads
|• Donate Online|
|• Donation Form|
|• Register your Building|
|• Learn more about LIUB|
|• Selfie Sign|
|• Colouring Pages|
|• Information Sheet|
|• Puzzle Piece Project & WAAD Tool Kit|
|• Puzzle Piece Card|
What is World Autism Awareness Day and Light It Up Blue?
World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD), observed on April 2, was adopted by the United Nations in 2007 to shine a bright light on autism as a growing global health priority. Every year on World Autism Awareness Day, Autism Speaks and Autism Speaks Canada celebrate its international “Light It Up Blue” campaign. Thousands of iconic landmarks, skyscrapers, schools, businesses and homes across the globe unite by shining bright blue lights in honour of the millions of individuals and families living with autism.
Light It Up Blue
- Spreads awareness and understanding of autism.
- Celebrates and honours the unique talents and skills of the autism community.
- Brings attention to the needs of everyone living with autism
How to LIUB
World Autism Awareness Day on April 2 is a time to shine a bright light on autism as a growing global public health priority. To commemorate this, Autism Speaks started the Light It Up Blue (#LIUB) autism awareness campaign.
Here's how you can get involved in #LIUB:
- Wear Blue on April 2
- Join the thousands of people across the world who wear blue in honor of the millions of individuals and families living with autism.
- And if you want that #LIUB sign Bill Nye is holding, get yours here!
- Help make autism trend online!
- While you're wearing blue, don't forget to take a pic or selfie and post it using #LIUB.
- Don't know what to tweet or post on Facebook? No problem! Click the links to post our Light It Up Blue message!
- Turn your profile photo blue!
- Light your home or business blue!
- Be counted among the many landmarks around the globe that are going blue on April 2! All you need is a blue Philips lightbulb which you can find at Home Depot.
- The world's most iconic landmarks go blue in honor of Light It Up Blue on World Autism Awareness Day!
- Lighting your home or business blue? Register it in our #LIUB database!